Anterior Cervical Plating Systen
The semi-rigid plate and screw interface is the basic priniciple of the CASPAR Cervical Plating System which has been used world-wide since 1980. Materials and design have been continously improved to reach the highest level of implant reliability. CASPARevolution is Aesculap's mature and safe cervical plating system.
- Extremely flat plate design
- Special screw design reduces the likelihood of screw "Back-Out"
- Fast screw insertion due to selftapping profile
- Prebent lordotic plate facilitates restoration of cervical lordosis
- Excellent proven long-term results
- Semi-rigid plate of very low profile made of pure titanium
- Special screw design for solid bony anchoring
- Oversized revision screws
- Tried and trusted instrument for easy implant insertion
Anterior Cervical Plate Stabilization in One- and Two-Level Degenerative Disease: Overtreatment or Benefit?, J of Spinal Disorders, Vol. 11, No. 1, p. 1-11, 1998; W. Caspar, F.H. Geisler, T. Pitzen, T.A. Johnson
Evaluation of a new monocortical screw for anterior cervical fusion and plating by a combined biomechanical and clinical study, European Spine Journal 8, 1999; T. Pitzen, H.J. Wilke, W. Caspar, L. Claes, W.I. Steudel
Use for mono- and multisegmental fusions in cases of cervical spine instabilities caused by:
Tumors, degenerative diseases of intervertebral discs and fractures.