B. Braun is a proud manufacturer of quality hand hygiene products.
We are passionate about sharing our expertise about proper hand hygiene and we strongly believe in Clean Hands Save Lives.
As we care about your safety, we have created this video, which emphasises the use of alcohol based hand rubs and the correct way to sanitise your hands.
Click to the right to view.
This video was proudly produced in South Africa.
Why trust the D-Germ Brand?
IS D-GERM SAFE TO USE AS A HAND SANITISER?
D-Germ contains 70% v/v Propyl Alcohol, 0.5 % Chlorhexidine Gluconate and an emollient
Propyl (n-Propanol) Alcohol is safe to use in hand disinfectant because:
- It has been used safely in hand disinfectants since 1965
- World Health Organization (WHO) listed it as an active ingredient for hand disinfectants in the 2009 Hand Hygiene Guidelines in Health Care
- It is used as the reference alcohol in the EN (European Norms) 12791 for surgical hand preparation
- It is listed as one of the three alcohols suitable for use in alcohol based hand santisers in South Africa by the SANS490:2020
- There is no available data or literature that it is absorbed through the skin even with frequent use such as by healthcare workers in a healthcare setting
- The risk of accidental or intentional ingestion is low, because Propyl alcohol has a very unpleasant taste which is worse than ethanol
D-Germ has been used in hospitals and retail sector in South Africa since 2002 with no reported negative health issues
- D-Germ is registered as a S0 drug with the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA)
- It is compliant to the SANS490:2020 Alcohol-Based Hand Rubs
- It has passed the required EN tests pertaining hand hygiene efficacy
For supporting documents, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full document and references, click below:
D-Germ is available at your nearest pharmacies and outlets.
Shop on-line at Dis-Chem and Takealot.